[CentOS] Installing additional perl modules

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 08:53:37 UTC 2006

Hi

On Tue 21-Mar-2006 at 04:42:28PM +0800, Chin wrote:

> I am now trying to install some modules like MIME::parser,
> Date::Parse, Date::Format, etc.

If they are not available from CentOS (try 'yum install perl-Date-Parse'
etc) then they might be via RPMForge -- they package a lot of perl
modules, the easiest way to get packages from them is to install the
rpmforge-release rpm first:

  http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/rpmforge-release/

And then try something like 'yum list perl*' to see what is available.

If they don't have the rpm you are after then the easiest thing might be
to build one yourself -- I find that cpanflute2 from the
perl-RPM-Specfile rpm works for most CPAN modules:

  http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/perl-RPM-Specfile/

There is also more on this in the archives for this list...

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris at webarchitects.co.uk>