[CentOS] Not able to install Centos 4.2

Ravi Kumar. mister.ravi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 10:46:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

a) Am very sorry for not disclosing that I used VMWare.

b) NVIDIA SATA controller was the one that worked.

c) "boot into runlevel 3, disconnect all usb devices." Do you mean, I should
login in text mode? I am getting the error when Linux starts the services.
Something like this:

....[OK]
....[OK]
....[OK]
....[OK]
....[OK]
Setting Network parameters ------------ [OK]
Bringing up lookback interface --------           <system hangs at this
point>

I do not have any USB devices.

Sorry again for not disclosing VMWare use,
Regards,
Ravi.