[CentOS] mysql : Access denied for user

Alfred von Campe alfred at 110.net
Sat May 20 11:48:08 UTC 2006

On May 20, 2006, at 7:33, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> OK ... another thing that I see frequently when dealing with this
> issue
> is the location of localhost in your /etc/hosts file ... don't ask me
> why, but it sometimes matters.  Put the localhost name first in the
> line, like this:
>

> 127.0.0.1 localhost xxxxx yyyy.yyy

I've seen this cause many problems with other tools as well (not just
mysql).  I always thought it was wrong to include the actual hostname
in the localhost line, and it's one of the first thing I change after
building a system.  Does any one else think it's a good idea to
include the hostname in this line?

Alfred