[CentOS] Java JDK on CentOS 4.4

Karl R. Balsmeier karl at klxsystems.net
Wed Nov 15 23:08:14 UTC 2006

we have been using the 64-bit and 32-bit java 1.4 and 1.5 .bin
installers on Centos 4.3, 4.4 with very much success, so if you are
looking to get the Java capabilities you might not need to search for an
RPM per se.

We keep a very bare machine (no centos java package, etc.) and have a
whole step-by-step recipe for getting all the usual java webapps working
with very little hassle...

-karl