[CentOS] About download ISO image, again

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 14:03:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 03:35, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> > I just did a server install, actually a 2.4TB NAS using the first CentOS
> > disk, but choosing a minimal install option. What's the difference between
> > that option and the server CD??
>
> The only difference is the items that are available for install.  Using
> only CD-1, you get a certain subset of programs available for install in
> the minimal install.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, you can download the full set
of iso images to a directory on your LAN that is exported by
NFS, burn only the first one to boot with 'linux askmethod'
at the boot prompt, select NFS as the method and fill in
the server info, and the installer will do all of the
magic loopback mounting of the images over the network so
you don't have to swap disks during the install.

But, the single disk server install is still a nice
addition to the options.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com