[CentOS] Configuring Multiple Gateways

Mark Schoonover schoon at amgt.com
Wed Nov 22 21:51:39 UTC 2006

Matthew Martz wrote:
> On Wed, November 22, 2006 1:42 pm, Matthew Martz wrote:
>> I'm in need of installing two NICs in a machine that are connected
>> to 2 different public networks and I need both IP addresses
>> accessible from the outside.  The IPs are part of two completely
>> different subnets.
>>
>> For example:
>> eth0
>>      IP - 10.10.10.2/30
>>      GW - 10.10.10.1
>>
>> eth1
>>      IP - 20.20.20.6/30
>>      GW - 20.20.20.5
>>
>> How can I configure 2 gateways on this server?
>
> I should probably also mention that I want traffic that comes in over
> eth0 to go out over eth0 and traffic that comes in on eth1 to go out
> on eth1.

I pretty much have this same setup. I don't have routing enabled is all. I
configure each ethx device like they were on a single network. When your
system is up and running, check the routing table, using route. It'll tell
you which interface can reach which networks. My setup has 192.168.a.b/24 on
eth0, 192.168.c.d/24 on eth1 and I can ping hosts on both networks.

There's always a possibility I don't understand your question! :)

Thanks!

Mark Schoonover
IS Manager
American Geotechnical
V: 858-450-4040 - F: 714-685-3909 - C: 858-472-3816

"Stop the Earth!! I want off!!"