[CentOS] Centos-4.3: Filelocking problems under high [network related] load with kernel 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Tue Nov 28 06:37:50 UTC 2006

On Monday 27 November 2006 15:42, Martin Knoblauch wrote:
>  Due to the environment (a very high number of potential NFS servers,
> all running NFSv3) V4 is not an option. And, as I said, the locking
> problems occur on local files. NFS is only related to the high-load
> condition that seems to accompany the locking problems.

Ah, I misinterpreted what you meant.  Are there other processed besides the
copy of three large files tat might be keeping lots of files open?  Have you
checked the file allocation limits in proc (/proc/sys/fs/file-nr)?  I hear
for 2.6 kernels you rarely have to tweak these settings, but it might be
worth looking into if you haven't already.

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks