[CentOS] Removed Plus kernel, yum still wants to update plus kernel

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Sep 4 18:50:37 UTC 2006

Jim Perrin wrote:
>> So where does yum keep its 'memory', so I can remove references to the
>> plus kernel and get back to the regular kernel?????
>
> Either disable the centosplus repository, or exclude the kernel from
> that repository. I have no idea how yumex handles this, as I'm pretty
> much a console only type person. For general yum behavior, read 'man
> yum.conf' and look at the contents of /etc/yum.repos.d/
Ah, disabled centosplus repository.

yum update ran a long time downloading headers then failed:

--> Processing Dependency: clamav-db = 0.88.4-1.el4.rf for package: clamav
--> Processing Dependency: setup(fedora-usermgmt) for package:
fedora-usermgmt
--> Processing Dependency: instance(fedora-usermgmt) for package:
fedora-usermgmt
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package fedora-usermgmt-setup.noarch 0:0.8-1 set to be updated
---> Package fedora-usermgmt-shadow-utils.noarch 0:0.8-1 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: clamav-db = 0.88.4-1.el4.rf for package: clamav
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: clamav-db = 0.88.4-1.el4.rf is needed by
package clamav

Now since I don't use clamav on this system, time to delete it....