[CentOS] Removed Plus kernel, yum still wants to update pluskernel

Tue Sep 5 12:33:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 07:48 -0400, Thomas E Dukes wrote:

> [...]

Because dag's package provides this:

Obsoletes: GeoIP < %{version}-%{release}
Provides: GeoIP = %{version}-%{release}
Provides: GeoIP-devel = %{version}-%{release}
Obsoletes: GeoIP-devel < %{version}-%{release}

(notice the case)

and our package also provides the same things.

So ... they provide the same requirements BUT are named differently.

So, protectbase does not block them initially (different names), and
protectbase does not recheck after the obsoletes section has one replace
the other (as it sees them as different programs).

You need to pick one version to use and exclude it in the other repo.