[CentOS] Missing samba binaries

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Mon Apr 2 13:51:54 UTC 2007

In addition to what you already have installed, you need
samba-3.0.10-1.4E.11.

--
Prentice

________________________________

From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of Mark Hull-Richter
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 12:51 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: [CentOS] Missing samba binaries

I went to enable samba on my home machine, which has a largely plain
vanilla install of CentOS 4.4 Plus, and the smbd and nmbd files are
missing.  As you may know, this makes it rather difficult to run samba.
For some reason, the winbindd binary is present, and rpm reports:

samba-common-3.0.10-1.4E.11
samba-client-3.0.10-1.4E.11

as present.  So how do I retrieve the missing samba binaries/  Do I
remove and reinstall the packages, or do I rebuild the latest samba from
source, or . . . ???

Thanks.

Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)
85 Enterprise, Second Floor, Aliso Viejo, CA  92656
949-680-3082 - Office     949-330-7691 - fax

The contents of this communication, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  They are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication.  Please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication in its entirety.