[Fwd: [CentOS] 4.92 beta update to centos5 proper words of caution]

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 12:22:59 UTC 2007

On 4/14/07, Mark Weaver <mdw1982 at mdw1982.com> wrote:

> Ok... after finding this thread I was curious, so I followed a few of
> the steps - skipped the part about removing all packages marked fc6
> although I did id them and decided there were just too damn many to
> bother removing them - installed the "el" centos-release packages and
> then dropped out to a tty screen.
>
> ran "yum -y update" and it went flawlessly. Upgraded my CentOS 5Beta2
> workstation with no even a hiccup.

Good to know, and thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I wrote the steps
down really before I looked to see just how many .fc6 packages there
were. Apparently upstream left.... what was the term from the other
thread... a cubic buttload of them in there. All in all I'm glad the
advice worked for you, and thanks for following up to confirm that the
directions do in fact mostly work.

George Orwell