[CentOS] CentOS 5.0 install fails every time.

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Apr 16 13:11:20 UTC 2007

Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've downloaded the latest CentOS 5.0 and the md5sums look good.  I
> loop-back mounted the ISOs and pulled all of the RPMs out into a
> single dir.  I have an existing PXE environment with several different
> distros to which I added 5.0.  RPMs are served from my HTTPS server.
> I used the isolinux.cfg that was provided and all *looks* good.

firstly, the release notes mention you cant do this with the cd's
anymore - you need to use the DVD for that or directly use the isos
without loop mounting it back in.

secondly, I dont think your error is related to the isos :) you have
something else that is broken, a kickstart perhaps ?

I am quite sure the CD install works fine on most machines, its possible
there is something odd about your setup, but you didnt provide any
details as to how you checked the cd install.

- KB