[CentOS] Bringing up interface eth0:

Matt Martz mdmartz at gflug.net
Sat Apr 28 14:26:28 UTC 2007

On Sat, April 28, 2007 9:46 am, Russ wrote:
> I'm installing CentOS 4.4 64-bit Enterprise on  a Dell Dimension with
> and AMD dual core 3800+.  When it starts to load eth0 it hangs. I have
> not found a way to break out of it. Or how to boot at run level 0. So
> newby Question 1 how do I get it to boot without loading eth0 so I can
> make changes? Question 2 what is a likely problem and fix. Question 3
> what is good documentation and other resource to find answers for sys
> admin questions.
>
> Thanks,
> Russ

Is eth0 setup for DHCP?  If so just unplug the cable and then boot up.

Otherwise you can boot from the CentOS CD/DVD and type "linux rescue" at
the boot: prompt and the follow the prompts.  Then you can get access to
all of the files on the system to make modifications.

--
Matt Martz
CentOS Mirror Admin
mdmartz at gflug.net