[CentOS] D-Link DFE-580TX

Andreas Rogge arogge at gmx.de
Sat Aug 4 00:24:17 UTC 2007

As of CentOS 4, the sundance driver is in the centosplus kernel.

I've seen strange behaviour with kudzu when using sundance with that
D-Link adapter (i.e. on every bootup kudzu tells you the NICs were
removed and that four new NICs were installed). That might be the issue
why RH decided to disable the driver in their kernel. However, disabling
kudzu solved the issue.

I use that Adapter in a Firewall-Box at one of my customer's sites and
we only had one issue in the last two years: one day one of the ports
suddenly stopped working. However, a reboot solved the issue.

Regards,
Andreas