[CentOS] SFTP error (perhaps due not to using passive mode?)

Ken Price kprice at nowyouknow.net
Wed Aug 15 16:44:52 UTC 2007

> 'ftps' is kind of an orphan, I don't believe there's actually any sort
> of RFC or spec for it.   pretty much everything I've seen uses
> sftp/scp/ssh instead

Forgive me, but i simply don't understand that statement.  Both SFTP
and FTPS are  very much alive and well in the real world.  Each has
it's strengths depending on implementation requirements.  Not everyone
wants users to have shell access, regardless of how controlled that
shell may be.

For the owner of this thread:
Yes.  LFTP is the command line client you want to use for FTPS.  For
the Linux GUI, look at Filezilla.  There are several Windows clients
available.