[CentOS] Install CentOS over FTP / STRANGE THING

Mário Gamito gamito at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:45:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

> No need to install, download a freedos iso (www.freedos.org), write
> the standard distro to a floppy and use loadlin.
Ok, I've installed FreeDOS and can access CentOS CDs.
What about loadlin ?

> I just read in your previous email that your pc goes berzerk when
> trying to change things on  the BIOS, in such case, most probably
> you'll run into issues afterwards even if you manage to start the
> installations :(
It's now booting, but strange things happen.

It say my hard drive is hda and my CD-ROM is hdb.

But then, it states that:
ide0 is hda and hdb
ide1 is hdc and hdd

therefore, as there is no hdc and hdd, it just hangs :(

Any idea ?

--
:wq! Mário Gamito