[CentOS] BIND issues, server not responding

Michel van Deventer michel at van.deventer.cx
Thu Aug 23 14:03:14 UTC 2007

>From what I see you have iptables 'in the way'.
Try to add the following rule to iptables and then try again :)
iptables -I RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -j ACCEPT -p udp --dport 53

If you like to have zone transfers or large queries done as well then you also
need to open a port for tcp/53
iptables -I RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -j ACCEPT -p tcp --dport 53

(to make the changes permanent do a 'service iptables save' after adding the
lines)

   Regards,

   Michel

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:28:05 -0400, Ray Leventhal wrote

--
Het.Grote.Net WebMail, powered by OpenWebMail