[CentOS] Getting info on hardware RAID

Mezei Zoltán mezei.zoltan at telefor.hu
Mon Aug 27 07:10:04 UTC 2007

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) wrote:

> I'm doing an audit of all our servers here (there aren't that many
> maybe around 5-10) and one of the things I'm doing is taking note of
> each server's hardware specs (processor, memory, etc).

As a first task for your audit I'd recommend counting your servers :-p

> I can't seem to figure out how to get the information for the hard
> drives. The drives are in a hardware RAID5 array and are all SCSI
> types. I would like to get each physical SCSI drive's specifications
> (like, disk capacity).

Hardware RAID cards are usually managed by third-party add-on programs.
E.g. HP provides the tool called hpacucli which can determine everything
regarding your RAID controller and discs.

What kind of hardware RAID solution do you have? If you can't determine,
the output of lspci might help.

Zizi

PS: I hope it won't be a HTML mail :/