[CentOS] Adaptec 29320

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Feb 6 19:03:33 UTC 2007

> This is an HP SureStore DLT Library.  It has 2 drives and 15 tapes.
>
> Hmmm...  The LSI cards are quite a bit cheaper than the Adaptec cards.
> If they are good, I may go with one of those instead.  The LSI00011-F
> card looks like it has what I need at about half the price of the
> Adaptec.  Which cards are you using?

I'd go with a LSI card, they have traditionally had very good unix/linux
support, and excellent performance.   A number of bad experiences with
older Adaptec products have permanently soured me on them.   The big
Unix server vendors (Sun, etc) use LSI Logic SCSI extensively (LSI's
SCSI division was formerly Symbios, AT&T Tolerant, and NCR before that)