[CentOS] yum download with erros pertaining libpurple

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon Jul 9 21:13:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 12:44 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 12:20 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> >
> >> Are you using the yum-fastestmirror and yum-priorities plugins (I highly
> >> recommend both)?
> >>

> > I removed RPMforge and these are what is left.

> > Does the priorities plugin give the CentOS repositories priority over
> > RPMforge?
>
> Yes it does (when configured)
>
> See:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities
>
> (You probably don't need all those plugins ... and you do nt want both
> protectbase and priorities installed at the same time)

Thank you for the link... very informative!!!!!!
Is the reason not to have both protectbase and priority installed at the
same time related to the obvious that they do similar things?

Greg