[CentOS] yum download with erros pertaining libpurple

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Jul 11 11:05:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 12:20 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> >
> >> Are you using the yum-fastestmirror and yum-priorities plugins (I highly
> >> recommend both)?
> >
> > Does the priorities plugin give the CentOS repositories priority over
> > RPMforge?
>
> Yes it does (when configured)

Can we maybe deliver working yum config files that automatically are fine
for the CentOS + RPMforge case when the priority plugin is enabled.

Much like we did with the protectbase plugin.

CentOS would be priority 1, CentOS Extras priority 2 and CentOS Plus
priority 3 and RPMforge and others) priority 5 or 10 or whatever
(priorityless ?).

Giving Extras something else than 1 would make sure that a human error in
Extras would not lead to anything that is hard to turn back. (read:
manually)

Making things easier to protect CentOS users (by default) should be our
main focus. If people have problems nevertheless, we can assume they knew
what they were doing when they changed the default case.

Kind regards,