[CentOS] File Size

Brett Schroeder brett at kinibay.net
Wed Jul 25 14:06:03 UTC 2007

Centos wrote:
> Thank you Jim,
>
> How can I find the current block size and file system type ?

File system type can be found in 3rd column of /etc/fstab.

For ext{2,3} file systems the block size can be found by

tune2fs -l /dev/XXXX | grep "Block size"

where XXX is something like
1) sda1 (for SCSI or SATA partitions)
2) md0 (for software raid devices)
3) VolGroup00/LogVol00 (for Logical Volumes under LVM)