[CentOS] which commands do you use to SSL certify your own server?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Fri Jun 15 22:11:44 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 15:21:31 PM -0500, Jay Leafey
(jay.leafey at mindless.com) wrote:

> I have a strong aversion to re-inventing the wheel,

Me too, unless when it's a hidden wheel. Fact is, this is the *first*
time I hear mention of this approach. See my original comments about
SSL being one of the worst (doc-wise) areas in FOSS... Thanks.

So, you confirm that "make server_and_key.pem" would do what I wrote
in the original message, self-signing and no key encryption included?
No big deal if key and server end up in the same file.

Thanks,
	Marco