[CentOS] java

Radu Radutiu rradutiu at gmail.com
Thu May 3 11:10:50 UTC 2007

On 5/3/07, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
> > Someone on the opennms mail list just mentioned that RHEL up2date now
> > provides sun java.  Is that a possibility for the Centos repositories?
> >

> ENEEDMOREINFO
>
> btw, RHEL has always provided a working ( ibm or whatever ) java stack that just
> worked via their extras mechanism.
>
> if someone can sort out the legal angles and show us some sources - we'd look at
> doing the same thing.
>
> - KB

Would it be possible to have Sun's JDK in a CentOS repository using
Sun DLJ license? This license allows the binary JDK redistribution by
linux distributions (as far as I know Ubuntu includes the JDK under
this license).

http://download.java.net/dlj/DLJ-FAQ.txt
https://jdk-distros.dev.java.net/developer.html

Regards,