[CentOS] java

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu May 3 11:46:40 UTC 2007

Radu Radutiu wrote:
> Would it be possible to have Sun's JDK in a CentOS repository using
> Sun DLJ license? This license allows the binary JDK redistribution by
> linux distributions (as far as I know Ubuntu includes the JDK under
> this license).

we had a look at this a long time back, when the DLJ was announced initially -
and we didnt think it was open enough for us to ship Java, also there are some
legal issues that seem grey and the only response we could get from Sun was
along the lines of  'go speak to your lawyers'.

We dont really have any layers, so we wont be speaking to them :)

- KB