[CentOS] Re: Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Fri May 11 19:39:38 UTC 2007

Don't worry about it, the 4 partition raid1 makes perfect sense in
your setup not for the reason you gave, but for:

1) simplicity
2) symmetry
3) flexibility
4) low to no overhead, 99.99% read partitions

It provides no downside and a lot of added bonuses.

So how is the performance on the striped LVM LVs?

Do you see the 120MB/s throughput?

Random I/O should also be as good as your drives allow.

-Ross