[CentOS] Any HowTo for Getting Started With Xen?

centos at 911networks.com centos at 911networks.com
Mon May 28 18:58:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:53:50 +0100
Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> Do you have any details or stats on this claim that Xen's
> full-virt isnt as fast as VMware's ? Based on what I've seen
> Xen's full-virt is actually a fair bit faster than vmware.
> Besides para-virt on Xen is many many times more efficient than
> vmware's machine emulation.

I recently did some tests, 'completely unscientific', just real
world experience. 2 similar servers, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1Ghz 4MB
cache, 4Gb RAM, 2 Sata2 320GB, and I emphasize similar not
identical. It was mostly for a database server, for Firefird and
IBM DB2.

VMware server was somewhat faster in the disk access, and Xen was
somewhat faster as a 'RAM server'. Overall, they were both similar
in speed, we chose VMware because drive access was faster.

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com