[CentOS] Any HowTo for Getting Started With Xen?

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Tue May 29 01:38:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 04:40:09PM +0100, Luciano Rocha wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 11:29:03AM -0400, David Mackintosh wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Now that CentOS 5 is out with Xen, I can theoretically take better
> > advantage of my nice Intel processor with the virtualization piece
> > than I can with VMware Server.
>
> You can't. Xen's fully virtualized hardware implementation isn't as fast
> as VMware's. Also, there are no para-virtualized drivers for HDD, lan or
> video for Windows, as there are in VMware.

Well not having paid for VMware ESX, _and_ having a fancy Intel
processor with the VT feature, these are not issues.

What might be more intersting would be to compare the
paravirtualization abilities of VMware Server with the full
virtualization abilities of Xen.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |