[CentOS] Can not print with OpenOffice.Org on CentOS 5.0 x86

Shibu C Varughese shibucv at itmission.org
Mon Nov 12 17:46:33 UTC 2007

Robert wrote:

> Ioannis Vranos wrote:
>> I can not print any document with OpenOffice.Org Writer on CentOS 5.0
>> x86.
>>
>> Has anyone encountered this problem?
>>
>> My printer is HP Deskjet 3745 and apparently uses the hplip and hpijs
>> packages provided by CentOS.
>
> No problem here with CentOS 5 fully updated
> openoffice.org-writer-2.0.4-5.4.17.3
> cups-1.2.4-11.14.el5_0.1
> hplip-1.6.7-4.1.el5.3
> hpijs-1.6.7-4.1.el5.3
> and a HP Deskjet 6122 directly connected via USB.
> For the record, I also use a Brother HL 5250DN network-connected laser
> printer. I successfully printed from OpenOffice.Org Writer to both of
> these printers immediately before starting this reply.
> Any clues in /var/log/cups/error_log or maybe even
> /var/log/cups/access_log ?

****
hi ..

Check here for drivers ... necessary ..

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_3745

try sending out a test file using  command line .. you can use the lpr
command ...

An example is at
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Printing-Usage-HOWTO.html#ss2.2

That will help you to resolve the issue,

Shibucv at itmission.org
-
"Quality is truly a state of mind"
One error in every 16 million transactions - Mumbai Dabbawala.