[CentOS] SOLVED--Strange sound/browser problem on Centos5

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Oct 10 01:31:15 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 07:46:20PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On 10/8/07, fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
> > when listening to nrk p2 (http://www.nrk.no/p2/) using Firefox, and when the
> > small window for the player gets obscured by another window the sound
> > stops playing.
>
> You don't say what application is used for "the player" but I believe
> this is an mplayer configuration setting.  It may even be the default
> setting; it's behaved that way for me for a long while, but I no
> longer recall whether I explicitly set it.

Ah, thanks for the hint! I dug around for docs on mplayerplug-in and
there's a config item to enable/disable pausing playback when the window
is hidden, so I changed it and voila!

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding