[CentOS] Centos 5.0 Intel G33/P35 Chipset Support (Asus P5K-VM, P5KC)

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Oct 23 00:21:03 UTC 2007

Michael Rock wrote:
> So the update is not on any mirror or anywhere else
> besides Dave's site on DVD?
>
> In otherwords to fix this there is no choice but to
> reinstall from DVD or CD through his ISO?

David does great work, but CentOS is about being a clone of tested
enterprise software.

We can't also be Rawhide for new equipment too ... we don't have the
resources or people to do that.

I wish we had 400 or so servers and the same number of developers so
that we could support a Rawhide type branch, but we just do not have that.

If you want something that is not in the upstream discs that is
installable, you will need to use david's discs, yes.