[CentOS] Centos 5.0 Intel G33/P35 Chipset Support (Asus P5K-VM, P5KC)

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Tue Oct 23 07:28:11 UTC 2007

Johnny Hughes napsal(a):
> David does great work, but CentOS is about being a clone of tested
> enterprise software.
>
> We can't also be Rawhide for new equipment too ... we don't have the
>  resources or people to do that.
>
> I wish we had 400 or so servers and the same number of developers so
>  that we could support a Rawhide type branch, but we just do not have
>  that.
>
> If you want something that is not in the upstream discs that is
> installable, you will need to use david's discs, yes.

Hi,
I feel I have to clarify a few things.

1) I do not want to create some CentOS fork, take it only as a bypass
solution. We have to stick with upstream with all pros and cons.
2) Install DVD contains only slightly different kernel RPMS. Nothing
more or less. So updates go smoothly. Maybe too much. If CentOS is about
to release a new kernel RPMS, user will "yum" them, reboot and ooops :o)
3) Kernel RPMS are here:
http://fs12.vsb.cz/hrb33/el5/hrb/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/
4) Well, maybe I could create CD install media deltas.
5) And of course ICH9 patched CentOS is not supported by CentOS
team/community.
Regards,
David