[CentOS] centos 5.1 x86_64 and ztdummy

Chris Miller centos at scratchspace.com
Wed Apr 2 20:59:00 UTC 2008

Jerry Geis wrote:

> This version of asterisk has always worked for me before on centos 5.1
> but now there is a newer kernel.
>
> Any one know anything about this?

I don't run x86_64 on my Asterisk boxes, but I did see an issue like
this under Fedora where multiple drivers were loaded. This was in
Asterisk 1.2 about a year ago. Check lsmod to see if a previous run
of zaptel loaded all the other drivers as it does by default. I have
a few i386 CentOS 5.1 servers running Asterisk 1.2.26-2 with ztdummy
just fine.

RTC, was (and may still be) apparently used in the past to support
SMP, all CentOS 5 kernels support SMP by default. Just throwing this
out there as a potential debugging direction to go if it is indeed a
kernel/RTC related problem. For example, you could recompile the
kernel with UP as a test, but that takes time... Might check out the
release notes to see if anything in this area of the kernel changed.
You could also try your same dialplan and audio on an i386 box.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
	Chris