[CentOS] CentOS 5.2

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Sat Apr 5 16:52:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 08:57 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> If I read correctly - the 5.2 release will have xen 3.0
>
> Does that mean I will be able to run vista as guest operating system?
> I seem to remember reading that vista could be run under xen 3.0
>
> I have found instructions for installing XP under xen 3.0 in Debian, so
> I'm hoping it vista on CentOS 5.2 will also be possible ??

? I don't understand what you mean by '5.2 will have xen 3.0' .. i
didn't know the goal was to step back in the past ... ;-)
CentOS 5.1 contains already xen 3.0.3 (and xen-libs contains backported
features from Xen 3.1) ...

What you'll not have actually is the PV drivers for Windows DomU .. but
they're announced by Red Hat and they will probably be released after
5.2 ...

PS : i've seen them this week at a Red Hat partner summit .. but they
are still in alpha .. but funny to see that device manager from Windows
reports a 'RHEL scsi disc controller' and a 'RHEL PV nic driver' ... ;-)

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>
"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by