[CentOS] xfs and centosplus kernel

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Mon Apr 7 10:05:32 UTC 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008, Fong Vang wrote:
> I read that XFS has problems with 4K Stack size for Linux on 32-bit
> systems.  How did we address this in the centosplus kernel?  Since what
> release of CentOS was this problem resolved?

I just wanted to add that xfs has no special connection to the centosplus
kernel. If you want xfs you pick up the kmod-xfs package (no need to change
kernel).

> Is there a quick way to know what size the Linux stack is configured to be
> in a system's that's running?

The only way I know of is to look at your kernels .config (typicall found
at /boot/config-$(uname -r)). grep for 4KSTACK. If it's not set it's 8K
(afaik).

/Peter