[CentOS] MS Exchange Replacement

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Mon Apr 7 12:42:05 UTC 2008

On 07/04/2008, at 10:10 PM, Simon Jolle wrote:
> 2008/4/7, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com>:
>> Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>>> What is the closest open source mail server I can replace exchange
>>> with
>>> that provides the nearest equivalent in user experience?
>
>> What about Zimbra or Scallix?
>
> Both not Open Source
> Scalix uses Scalix Public License (SPL) and Zimbra uses Yahoo Public
> License (YPL) - both crap licenses and not OSI approved.
>
> cheers
> Simon

Open Source does not depend on the license. You've been drinking the
GPL koolaid too long if you think this is the case.

Without turning this into a religious debate that I can see on the
horizon, you should really read this:
		http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php

Comparing the Zimbra licensing (http://www.zimbra.com/license/) to the
definitions in the link above, Zimbra seems to fit the definition of
Open Source...

The Scalix license (http://www.scalix.com/community/opensource/licensing.php
) may also fit the bill...

--