[CentOS] snmpd wont start on CentOS 4.4?

Gustavo Gouvea gustavo at scire.coppe.ufrj.br
Thu Apr 10 12:17:35 UTC 2008

Hi Jonny,

Yes, I did the reboot. "getenforce" shows "disabled".
The funny is that, issuing the start command it says "OK".

Even in the logs:
Apr 10 12:12:44  localhost snmpd: snmpd startup succeeded
Apr 10 12:12:44  localhost snmpd[6673]: NET-SNMP version 5.1.2

But still, there is no process running...

Any other tip?
Thanks again.