[CentOS] question on RAID performance

John J. Lee jjlee at lbl.gov
Fri Apr 11 04:34:28 UTC 2008

I am currently running 7 raid10 data servers.  I can say read speed
increases but I doubt the write speed comparing to non raid setup.
The main advantage of the raid is redundancy but not
the performance.  If you want to boost the disk performance, go for
the faster drive with more than
10,000rpm spinning speed.

-john