[CentOS] MS Exchange to CentOs (multiuser)

Frank M. Ramaekers FRamaekers at ailife.com
Mon Apr 14 13:26:32 UTC 2008

Behalf Of >Les Mikesell
>Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 10:50 AM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] MS Exchange to CentOs (multiuser)
>
>Frank M. Ramaekers wrote:
>> Is there a way to get mail from a MS Exchange server that is
addressed
>> as user at host.domain.com rather than the user at domain.com so that users
on
>> host.domain.com can read their mail on that host (CentOS).   (I'm
>> assuming that Exchange needs to know about host.domain.com, somehow.)
>
>The way mailers would know about host.domain.com is to look it up in
>DNS.  They will try for an MX record first, then an A record if the MX
>doesn't exist.  If that directs it to the right place, port 25 is open
>between them, and the receiving machine is configured properly
>everything should work.
>
>--
>   Les Mikesell
1)	host.domain.com is in the DNS
2)	No MX record for host.domain.com
3)	host.domain.com has smtp
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdomain:smtp  *:*
LISTEN
4)	Configured properly?  Don't know, what is proper?

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.
Systems Programmer                   MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE
American Income Life Insurance Co.   Phone: (254)761-6649
1200 Wooded Acres Dr.                Fax:   (254)741-5777
Waco, Texas  76710