[CentOS] Kickstart syntax for CentOS upgrade

Alfred von Campe alfred at von-campe.com
Tue Apr 29 15:11:44 UTC 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 18:37, Tom Lanyon wrote:
> This worked fine for me on a 4.6 kickstart I did recently. I can't
> remember whether I tried it on 5.x or not, sorry.
>
> bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=sda
> part /boot --onpart=sda1 --fstype=ext3
> part swap --onpart=sda2 --fstype=swap
> volgroup vg --useexisting
> logvol / --useexisting --name=root --vgname=vg --fstype=ext3
>
> Because the volgroup already exists you don't need to define a PV
> for it.

That last sentence was the key.  I removed the line "part pv.2 --
noformat --onpart sda2" and did not make any other changes and now
the "upgrade" is working fine.  For future reference, here is what
the relevant section of my kickstart file looked like:

   bootloader --location=mbr --append="rhgb quiet"
   part /boot --fstype ext3 --onpart sda1
   volgroup VolGroup00 --useexisting
   logvol swap --useexisting --fstype swap --name=LogVol00 --
vgname=VolGroup00
   logvol /    --useexisting --fstype ext3 --name=LogVol01 --
vgname=VolGroup00

Thanks for the help,
Alfred