[CentOS] vncserver on IPv6

Rob Lockhart rlockhar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 04:34:49 UTC 2008

In /etc/sysconfig/vncservers I have something like this:

VNCSERVERS="1:myusername"
VNCSERVERARGS[1]="-geometry 1400x1050 -depth 16 -localhost"

(so I can only use localhost, which means I only allow connections over ssh
or from the local machine).

Yours might be something like this:

VNCSERVERS="1:robert"
VNCSERVERARGS[1]="-geometry 1400x1050 -depth 16 InTransports=IPv6,IPv4"

then obviously as root:
service vncserver restart

Have you tried that?  Does VNC work over IPv4?