[CentOS] can't access irc server on xen domU, please help

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Aug 10 16:31:17 UTC 2008

Rudiahlers at gmail.com wrote on Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:04:20 +0200:

> If I use birdge mode for the VPS's, which is the defalt for XEN, then
> surely the host OS's networking won't make any difference, right?

Depends on how you define "any difference". As I said if you use bridge
mode standard xen networking host and guest behave like independant
physical machines. You have to do the same that you would do for two
physical machines. There is no "magic bond" between them. If you use xen
routed networking you should have told so. I've never used that.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany