[CentOS] learning centos

Thu Aug 14 02:35:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:11 AM, pedro henrique antunes de oliveira
<ph.rpguo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm new to CENTOS and I'd like to learn how to use it from ground up.
> Can anyone recommend me books on it?
> I already have the documentation from the web site, can I start with it?
> I've already done very basic stuff on archlinux and slackware.

One book you might consider purchasing is "Fedora 9 and Red Hat
Enterprise Linux Bible"  (Wiley)) (Paperback). I do not have
that edition, which just came out, but I have several previous
editions. I am certain there are many other great books about RHEL.
CentOS
is a binary clone (with few exceptions) of RHEL. In addition to the
great data on the CentOS WIki, you can download some of the manuals
from our upstream (RH) on the CentOS web site. Possibly more manuals
are available on the RH web site that you can download. As another
poster pointed out, if you subscribe to and read this mailing list,
you WILL learn. Another good method is "learn by destroying".