[CentOS] Disabling IPv4

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Aug 19 14:52:52 UTC 2008

Darryl Ross wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> So looks like I am stuck with IPv4 no matter what. Unless there is some
>> magic glue in rc.sysinit.
>>

> Build a custom kernel and remove ipv4 support (or make it a module). It really
> isn't that hard.
It really is not worth it.

The desire to disable IPv4 was to clear out any 'confusion' while
getting apps working on IPv6. Since this is a mobile project using HIP,
I plan on using Teredo when on networks not providing native IPv6. So at
some point IPv4 is needed again.

Just an eye-opener that IPv4 is like, forever. At least right now.

But you now, I remember the fights back in the early '90s to get IP into
OSs.