[CentOS] Re: Where is cached memory going?

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Aug 19 16:50:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, August 19, 2008 11:43, Scott Silva wrote:

> (I just dated myself with the DASD comment)

And branded.

I don't recall that anybody referred to "DASD" connected to our IBM 1401;
it was just "disk".  Were we just a weird corner (I wouldn't swear they
didn't use some weird term like DASD in the manuals, just that none of the
people I worked with used it)?  Or was that a later term, say from the 360
generation?

(When I worked on the 1401, we were in fact well into the 360 generation
and we moved from the 1401 to a DEC PDP-11/20 just a couple of years after
that.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info