[CentOS] Yum Issues with Dev groups

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Fri Aug 22 18:32:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 at 11:22am, Akemi Yagi wrote

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu> wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 at 11:41am, Joseph L. Casale wrote

>>> Any way to simply not install them when doing an install?
>>
>> Unfortunately, not that I'm aware of.
>
> There is a known issue with yum.  See, for example,
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2008-June/002961.html
>
> And a newer version of yum has a fix for that:
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2008-June/002967.html
>
> For people who are interested, yum-3.2.17-0_beta is in the *testing*
> repo at this moment.

When Joseph said "when doing an install", I assumed that meant at system
install time.  I know of no way of doing a pure x86_64 install via
anaconda (although I'd love to be told I'm wrong on that).

For installing packages/package groups, then yum comes into the picture.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin