[CentOS] loading modules across reboots

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Aug 28 16:05:56 UTC 2008

>You can do this in /etc/modprobe.conf (or /etc/modprobe.d) OR you can
>create an /etc/rc.modules (for legacy support) OR you can add your
>bits to /etc/sysconfig/modules/foo.modules.

Jim,
I did assume modprobe.conf was the correct place and tried a line which didn't
work. man modprobe.conf shows an "install" line but I am unable to get this to
work. I was trying to load blkbk for example and tried everything under the sun
but it wouldn't load. I ended up rolling an initrd with it which worked but I am
not satisfied that's a good idea, next yum update and its broken!

It looks like install needs "install blkbk /sbin/modprobe blkbk" but this didn't work?

Any idea?

Thanks!
jlc