[CentOS] Re: Curmudgeoning (was Re: Problems with writing Dual Layer DVD)

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 29 02:47:46 UTC 2008

R P Herrold wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>>> three words:  Processor Tech Sol
>>>
>>> -- Russ herrold
>>
>> Ahh, I was waiting for you to show up.  OK, everyone, if you are
>> trying to show your age, stop now -- because no one can win orc_orc
>> (Russ, our CentOS dev).
>
> Actually from slightly before that era, I also have a functional Intel
> 4004 I wire-wrapped, and a MEK-6800 eval kit [256 bytes of ram] as
> well, but these require a switch and light harness, or an ASR-33
> teletype with paper tape reader, respectively, for me to fire up that
> I have long since parted with.
>
> -- Russ herrold
We might be entering "first liar don't have a chance" territory here.
Do you remember where you were when Kennedy was shot?  I was in the last
Ramac 305 class ever held, on lunch break and had watched the motorcade
pass from a lunchroom window.  Needless to say, we didn't talk about
triggers, cathode followers or "bit carries" (deliver me!) in class that
afternoon.
It has been an interesting trip, eh?