[CentOS] S.M.A.R.T

Scott R. Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Sat Aug 30 12:19:27 UTC 2008

If using Linux, smart runs as a daemon and watches all drives.   What I've
done is create a cron job that searches /var/log/messages for the word
smart and emails me the result.  If I get a blank message, no drive
problems,

The following url has a sample of what /var/log/messages might show if
smart has something to report:
http://defindit.com/readme_files/smartd_smartctl.html

Scott