[CentOS] S.M.A.R.T

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Sat Aug 30 14:15:31 UTC 2008

Mag Gam wrote:
> Thankyou Anne.
>
> I just installed this and its seems to work. I am behind a RAID
> controller so hopefully anyone with cciss drivers can shed some light.
> I am able to see my logical devices but I have 6 drives per logical
> device. I would like to see all 12 drive status if possible.

The RAID controller watches the SMART status of the drives for you.

You should watch the status of the RAID controller. It should give
a warning if a drive is about to fail or has failed.

I use array-info to get the status:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/array-info/

# /usr/local/bin/array-info -d /dev/cciss/c0d0
Compaq Smart Array 5312
         Firmware revision : 2.58
         Rom revision      : 2.58
         1  logical drive configured.

         Logical drive  0 :
           Fault tolerance : RAID 5
           Size            : 957.10 GiB (2007181360 blocks of 512 bytes)
           Status          : Logical drive is ok

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk